Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Kyoto - First tastes




Of course the first thing on my to do list in Kyoto was food. I had researched ahead of time. Amazingly, we found this place very easily. A 500 year old Soba noodle shop that used to serve the Emperor! We had lunch - soba noodles in a light broth with tempura on the side and soba noodle sushi. It was so good! This is the first place I will go back to when I visit Kyoto again. The staff was very friendly, they had a well written English menu, good prices, and it wasn't at all touristy or crowded.

The second place wasn't as much of a hit. I liked it but Brian didn't. The dessert is shaved ice with a sweet green tea flavor (that's why its green), ice cream underneath the shaved ice and fruit on top, and chewy balls made from soybean (or taro?). It was sooo filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment